07-28-2018, 10:51 PM
I would not accept a barrel that does that out of the box. I have had short throats on 4 of 5 Grendel barrels that I've purchased over the past two years. Two from Faxon, one from Anderson, and one from Bear Creek Arsenal. The Anderson barrel is back with Anderson right now for exchange/warranty work. The BCA is a door stop since they have a 30-day warranty only. The first Faxon was an 18" that made these marks and had a short throat...even the Anderson didn't do this. I exchanged the 18" Faxon at Optics Planet. If you've ever had to exchange anything with Optics Planet you know how horrible that is...18 days just to have it ship from CA back to Illinois. I called them and complained so they shipped a new one while the old one was in transit. The new 18" arrived today and it has the same problem, which leads me to believe that Optics Planet has a bad lot of these. I also ordered a 16" Faxon from Optics Planet at the same time as the first 18" barrel and it is perfectly fine. So I've been in contact with Faxon and I'll be sending this latest 18" barrel to them...
Apparently I have the worst luck with Grendel barrels.
Apparently I have the worst luck with Grendel barrels.

