Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My experience: BSF Barrels May Experience Substantial Thermal Drift.
#37
With the barrel being of (I suppose, having not owned one) a thinner steel and then CF wrapped on it for more stiffness and other benny's, heat removal through it can't be as great as air-cooling, to say the least. Right, the holes would allow more heat to escape but if you really need heat dissipation -- who makes it? I forget -- there's that radial-finned attachment riding the barrel that increases surface area and thus speeds the cooldown. Possibly even fluting, since it also increases surface area somewhat for the barrel...

Yeah, I'll confess CF barrels are outta my league, to me they're more of a novelty or one to play with once you've got all the other toys... more power to the guys who want to go that route, however.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My experience: BSF Barrels May Experience Substantial Thermal Drift. - by grayfox - 07-24-2018, 10:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)