Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
M-16 tribute accuracy
#17
Thread Dredge!

Last week I was cruising the net when I ran across the Bushmaster XM-15 M16-Type A3 Rifle.
It's their M-16 Tribute rifle with 20" barrel but the more modern parts like a 30-round mag, forward assist, shell deflector and round handguard. Heavy target barrel with 1 in 9" twist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12308[/ATTACH]

I was discouraged that the tribute from Colt is $2500 and Brownell's $1300 and the BCA has (thankfully!) been out of stock for months.

Found this Bushmaster for $750 and there is a $125 rebate until the end of the month. Ordered one on Friday, it shipped today and will be at my FFL tomorrow.

I'm excited! Haven't had a .223 since I sold my last Mini-14 in the '90s.
I want it to be pretty accurate and am prepared to get the free-float handguard kit, replace the barrel if I have to and yesterday ordered a LaRue trigger.
I don't like the look of the stock mag so will order some straight metal 20-rounders that are more period correct.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply


Messages In This Thread
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Randy99CL - 05-28-2018, 06:53 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by biodsl - 05-29-2018, 02:02 AM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Caser - 05-29-2018, 04:10 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Randy99CL - 05-29-2018, 04:57 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by LRRPF52 - 05-29-2018, 10:01 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by StoneHendge - 05-29-2018, 11:52 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by bj139 - 05-30-2018, 01:05 AM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by NugginFutz - 06-03-2018, 03:10 AM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by NugginFutz - 06-03-2018, 03:32 AM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Randy99CL - 06-03-2018, 04:41 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by VASCAR2 - 06-03-2018, 06:32 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by bj139 - 06-04-2018, 01:42 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Randy99CL - 06-04-2018, 01:55 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by VASCAR2 - 06-04-2018, 03:05 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by bj139 - 06-04-2018, 03:34 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by LRRPF52 - 06-05-2018, 08:47 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by Randy99CL - 07-24-2018, 03:13 AM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by VASCAR2 - 07-24-2018, 12:48 PM
M-16 tribute accuracy - by bj139 - 07-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)