Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Magpul cheek riser?
#3
TomSawyerNW Wrote:Haven't used a cheek riser stock but that's in my plans for an upcoming build.

Coincidentally, I plan to build with a side charger. Mind if I ask the brand you are using, or would recommend? I checked into a couple side chargers used by others but they were "out of stock".

I'm useing the joebobs side charging non reciprocating upper.

I would say they are good to go.

Mine needed a lil break in, so I installed it lubed it down wet wet and hand cycled the action bout 500 times over the period of a week, smoothed it out nicely and didn't cause any functioning problems when I went to test it out the first time and set the gas block for min gas.

It's thicker then mil spec uppers so a clamshell won't fit it but I use the bev block with my gear when they need to get in the vice for work or cleaning works great.

My first one the face was perfect didn't need lapping but my second one I had to lapp the face of the receiver.

Hope this helps sir.

Think I'm going to order the 1/4 inch cheek riser and see how it feels.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Magpul cheek riser? - by A5BLASTER - 07-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by TomSawyerNW - 07-22-2018, 02:53 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by A5BLASTER - 07-22-2018, 03:09 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by grayfox - 07-22-2018, 05:07 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by A5BLASTER - 07-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by TomSawyerNW - 07-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by A5BLASTER - 07-22-2018, 09:21 PM
Magpul cheek riser? - by Kswhitetails - 07-23-2018, 01:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)