More Ejection Dejection
#23
Lastrites Wrote:Adjustable gas doesn't fix over travel of a bcg when dealing with out of spec parts. 7 3/4" inner length sounds more like an Armalite tube, your lucky with that amount of over travel that you didn't damage the receiver with the key banging it on the return stroke. A quick measurement revealed just shy of 7" on what I believe is a Psa tube.

Lastrites:
You got me pointed in the direction of the tube length and I did discover something awry. As a "test of concept" I made a 1/4" spacer first and stuck a little piece of cellophane tape, trimmed so as not to interfere with anything, on the lower, where the gas key was hitting. I then re-assembled and fired off a test round, yep, gas key cut the tape. Back to the lathe. Made another spacer at 1/2", re-assembled with new tape and both spacers, yep, bolt carrier has enough travel, another test fire. Did not cut tape, ejection moved more clockwise, bolt locked back correctly. O boy thinks I, we're getting somewhere! Then I started wondering why I needed 3/4" when you had mentioned "a couple of quarters". I took it apart again and got the 7-3/4 measurement. So, started reading around on the errornet and everything I found pointed at 7" as the correct inside length measurement.(normally).

If all it takes is a spacer and foolin' around a little with springs and weights, to make this rifle run right, what the hek, I'm good with that! I did order a JP adjustable clamp on gas block because I like the idea of fine tuning the system, and I do like the longer pull.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 02:07 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Klem - 07-03-2018, 02:44 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by StoneHendge - 07-03-2018, 03:10 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by StoneHendge - 07-03-2018, 02:23 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 02:28 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 02:53 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 10:30 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Popeye212 - 07-03-2018, 10:41 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 10:48 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 11:47 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by VASCAR2 - 07-04-2018, 12:50 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-04-2018, 02:49 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by StoneHendge - 07-04-2018, 03:52 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Randy99CL - 07-04-2018, 07:28 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-04-2018, 12:01 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by montana - 07-04-2018, 02:23 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Lastrites - 07-04-2018, 06:27 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Randy99CL - 07-04-2018, 06:38 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by montana - 07-04-2018, 06:43 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-04-2018, 10:31 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-04-2018, 11:11 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Lastrites - 07-04-2018, 11:31 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by montana - 07-05-2018, 12:03 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-05-2018, 12:44 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by montana - 07-05-2018, 12:55 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-05-2018, 02:17 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Klem - 07-05-2018, 03:18 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Randy99CL - 07-05-2018, 05:07 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-05-2018, 09:48 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Lastrites - 07-03-2018, 10:16 AM
More Ejection Dejection - by Mad Charlie - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM
More Ejection Dejection - by Klem - 07-03-2018, 01:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)