06-28-2018, 03:44 AM
I wanted to share the results of my last range trip with a 12.7" Faxon group buy barrel. I had approximately 60 rounds through the barrel before this trip. The gun is nothing fancy....Spikes upper receiver, Matrix handguard, 12.5" barrel & VG6 6.5 brake, Brownells carrier with a group buy bolt. Lower is an Aero, Rise Armament trigger (I forget which model....3.5lbs) & a Shockwave brace. Scope is a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9. Groups were shot at 100 yards on a set of bags.
The groups shown are American Gunner 123gr and Federal 90gr TNT factory loads. I also shot some Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M and Hornady SST ammo. Most of the groups were just over 1 MOA and the 3 pictures are the best groups from this session. Hopefully it tightens up a bit with some more rounds down the barrel, but overall I can't complain about shooting MOA @ 100 yards with a 12.7" barrel.
The groups shown are American Gunner 123gr and Federal 90gr TNT factory loads. I also shot some Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M and Hornady SST ammo. Most of the groups were just over 1 MOA and the 3 pictures are the best groups from this session. Hopefully it tightens up a bit with some more rounds down the barrel, but overall I can't complain about shooting MOA @ 100 yards with a 12.7" barrel.

