07-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Fixing the perceived over-travel on the BCG might not fix the late ejection. A stronger ejector spring will surely have those cases ejecting sooner.
The front of my bolt face comes to a stop level with the back edge of the ejection port however there appears to be no damage to the lower. The bolt locking lever engages when the bolt face is 1/4" in front of the back end of the ejection port so it needs to travel a bit further to clear it. I would be cautious to leave enough travel so that it can reliably lock back on on last round.
I would leave the buffer tube alone and get a stronger ejector spring and an AGB. The Adjustable Gas Block will allow you to manage how far the BCG travels.
The front of my bolt face comes to a stop level with the back edge of the ejection port however there appears to be no damage to the lower. The bolt locking lever engages when the bolt face is 1/4" in front of the back end of the ejection port so it needs to travel a bit further to clear it. I would be cautious to leave enough travel so that it can reliably lock back on on last round.
I would leave the buffer tube alone and get a stronger ejector spring and an AGB. The Adjustable Gas Block will allow you to manage how far the BCG travels.

