06-25-2018, 03:56 AM
Thanks everyone! There's a reason why my Physics professor was never going to be proud of me -lol. Thinking that aluminum will expand faster than steel and therefore potentially become looser. Well, duh, it expands in both directions! I feel as dopey as Jeff Sessions looks. Comfortable with the idea of AL Barrel nut now. I always use anti-sieze on my barrel nut threads and if I go the V Seven route, I would certainly check with them to confirm it would work or use whatever they recommend. Their barrel nut is made out of "T7068 Super Aluminum" allegedly harder and stronger than 7075. Doing research, it turns out the V Seven guy was Noveske's lead engineer.
Going to stay away from the magnesium alloy. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Chances are that when it breaks or bursts into an intense white flame, it will be at a rather inopportune moment. The V Seven Lithium alloy is made by Alcoa so that gives me some comfort. And if I go that route and it gives me problems, maybe licking it will impart some of lithiums medicinal properties
But I'm not feeling very adventurous at this point given what a steaming pile of hot garbage the BSF barrel ended up being. And my handguard options have increased since I now don't have to worry about fitting a 0.936 gas block under it.
Going to stay away from the magnesium alloy. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Chances are that when it breaks or bursts into an intense white flame, it will be at a rather inopportune moment. The V Seven Lithium alloy is made by Alcoa so that gives me some comfort. And if I go that route and it gives me problems, maybe licking it will impart some of lithiums medicinal properties

But I'm not feeling very adventurous at this point given what a steaming pile of hot garbage the BSF barrel ended up being. And my handguard options have increased since I now don't have to worry about fitting a 0.936 gas block under it.
Let's go Brandon!

