06-18-2018, 12:26 AM
cwlongshot Wrote:Well splat... Looks like i also have a short throated barrel...
Nosler BT 120 seated to 2.258 will not chamber.
Neither of the 140g loads I had with me
Would either. 95g SST AMD 123 ELD-X would chamber. None really shot great.
This is second range trip. Best group was 1” for three @ 100 but fourth and fifth opened the gropu to past 2”. The 95 g would not group at all either with Benchmark or AR-comp.
Seated the NBT 120 bullet to 2.230 and they chambered.
Guess I need to get corespondance going with Primary Arms. (Its a Bear Creek 20” HB spiral flute stainless barrel)
CW
CW,
In your shoes I would work out the OAL length when each bullet just touches lands for each type of bullet I load. Keep that on file and expect that they will all grow as the barrel wears. If it is shorter than the mag length that might not be a bad thing as you get to decide exactly the jump-to-lands to maximise accuracy (as long as it is not ridiculously shorter than the mag length).
I would also have a reasonable expectation of how accurate and finished a cheap barrel is going to be.

