06-11-2018, 06:55 PM
I shot the 7.62x39 barrel today with Tula steel case ammo.
Ejection was difficult and I had to mortar out all 5 rounds that fired. Strictly manual mode ejection with no gas block.
I had 4 other failures to fire since the lower had an aftermarket light hammer spring single stage trigger.
I should have brought some brass cased ammo and a mil spec lower but I didn't. Next time.
So, increased case taper made no difference in ease of extraction with steel cased factory rounds.
Ejection was difficult and I had to mortar out all 5 rounds that fired. Strictly manual mode ejection with no gas block.
I had 4 other failures to fire since the lower had an aftermarket light hammer spring single stage trigger.
I should have brought some brass cased ammo and a mil spec lower but I didn't. Next time.
So, increased case taper made no difference in ease of extraction with steel cased factory rounds.

