Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
which muzzle brake?
#22
penumbra Wrote:I have Surefire brake/adapters installed on two of my 65G. They are AMAZINGLY effective.

Looking for ideas? Check out what the 3Gun competitors are using.

Want to know more about brake design? Read this article:

http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/adventu...rakes.html

Yet another good article. Thanks for the link. Now I know what Ross' brake is patterned after (Holland).

The most interesting brake I ever made was from a 1 inch diameter by 3 inch long dowel of sintered bronze. I got the idea from a noise reducer we had on our pneumatic air plant where I once worked. Sintered bronze is quite strong, yet porous. It lets gas expand in all directions around it as the bullet passed through the sleeve, but not too much through any particular pore, but they add up. The only drawback was the need to soak it periodically to get the soot out of the pores.

It looked like this but longer and had a threaded solid brass termination on one end:

[Image: ehk9s5.jpg]

Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, I discovered it reduced the sound blast a few decibels, enough to qualify it as a suppressor by BATFE standards and as such, it was illegal in my state to own, tax stamp or not. So, I traded it to an acquaintance in another state. We lost touch over the years, so I don't know how it endured over time.

Hoot
Reply


Messages In This Thread
which muzzle brake? - by gophernuts - 04-10-2011, 05:47 AM
which muzzle brake? - by ziggiey - 04-10-2011, 06:51 AM
which muzzle brake? - by LR1955 - 04-10-2011, 12:05 PM
which muzzle brake? - by ARMANIAC - 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
which muzzle brake? - by ARMANIAC - 04-10-2011, 12:51 PM
which muzzle brake? - by RStewart - 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM
which muzzle brake? - by mlmiller1 - 04-10-2011, 01:44 PM
which muzzle brake? - by madcratebuilder - 04-10-2011, 02:41 PM
which muzzle brake? - by skyfish - 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM
which muzzle brake? - by warped - 04-10-2011, 04:53 PM
which muzzle brake? - by bwaites - 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
which muzzle brake? - by warped - 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM
which muzzle brake? - by warped - 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
which muzzle brake? - by noone - 04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
which muzzle brake? - by BlueOvalBruin - 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
which muzzle brake? - by RangerRick - 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM
which muzzle brake? - by Hoot - 04-12-2011, 02:11 AM
which muzzle brake? - by warped - 04-12-2011, 03:01 AM
which muzzle brake? - by Airhog - 04-12-2011, 04:52 AM
which muzzle brake? - by babue - 04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
which muzzle brake? - by penumbra - 04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
which muzzle brake? - by Hoot - 04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
which muzzle brake? - by Bob Duncan - 04-13-2011, 03:24 PM
which muzzle brake? - by bwaites - 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
which muzzle brake? - by Bob Duncan - 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
which muzzle brake? - by noone - 04-15-2011, 03:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)