06-03-2018, 12:57 AM
Trader,
Here's an earlier thread on the subject. Includes a section on how to spot a fake Boresnake. Truth be known both fakes and genuine are probably made in China...
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...rrel/page2
I use Boresnakes before shooting and rods/patches/brushes after shooting. One pass of the Boresnake is enough. If I'm feeling really energetic I might go for a second pass. I don't clean the barrel every time after shooting anymore unless it's suppressed. If you can prevent corrosion in how you store it then frequent barrel cleaning is not needed. My MPI's always shift after cleaning which is why nowadays dirty guns go straight back into the safe.
I like the compartments in some of the Magpul stocks as this is where the bore snake sits with a little bottle of oil. They are useful for field cleaning when you go bush.
Here's an earlier thread on the subject. Includes a section on how to spot a fake Boresnake. Truth be known both fakes and genuine are probably made in China...
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...rrel/page2
I use Boresnakes before shooting and rods/patches/brushes after shooting. One pass of the Boresnake is enough. If I'm feeling really energetic I might go for a second pass. I don't clean the barrel every time after shooting anymore unless it's suppressed. If you can prevent corrosion in how you store it then frequent barrel cleaning is not needed. My MPI's always shift after cleaning which is why nowadays dirty guns go straight back into the safe.
I like the compartments in some of the Magpul stocks as this is where the bore snake sits with a little bottle of oil. They are useful for field cleaning when you go bush.

