05-22-2018, 02:16 AM
There's been a lot of talk here about these short-throated barrels. I don't mean to lessen the importance of BCA's QC error, it is a big deal. I could imagine a weak case rupturing in a worst-case scenario. I hope that they can replace all the problem barrels before something like that happens.
But I'm not ready to write-off BCA. Of all the thousands of barrels they make a year it's likely that only a handful have the short throat; I've only heard of the 20" 6.5G 5R with the problem. Might have been only a short production run with the worn reamer, maybe a few hours, who knows? But they should have inspected them close enough to catch it.
I like the company enough that I hope they learn from their error, fix all the bad barrels and survive.
But I'm not ready to write-off BCA. Of all the thousands of barrels they make a year it's likely that only a handful have the short throat; I've only heard of the 20" 6.5G 5R with the problem. Might have been only a short production run with the worn reamer, maybe a few hours, who knows? But they should have inspected them close enough to catch it.
I like the company enough that I hope they learn from their error, fix all the bad barrels and survive.

