05-14-2018, 04:46 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018, 04:48 PM by Deplorable.)
204 AR Wrote:So was the upper completely built by Kies? If so I would have to think they used the correct bolt.
I've never used a headspace gauge, but is it necessary to remove the ejector and extractor first?
And if I understand correctly, it will chamber a factory round? It's just difficult to extract when fired or is it difficult to extract unfired also?
A close examination of the chamber is what I'd recommend, and polishing it if necessary.
Hi 204, it chambers a factory round just fine and easily extracts it by hand as long as it has not been fired. It's only after it fires that the brass sticks hard in the chamber.
Also, good question on the part about removing extractor/ejector. I didn't think about that, and certainly the ejector wanted to kick the gauge out of the bolt and may have made it a bit harder to twist the bolt (when removed from the bolt carrier) to lock. But it wouldn't lock on the Go gauge when it was in the BCG either, so I don't know. If anyone who knows for sure if I should have removed the ejector wants to chime in, that'd be great...

