01-04-2012, 08:42 PM
texasgrunt Wrote:Damn you're smart LR! I just had that conversation with Leupold and they said it is working within specification and the one the tech was looking through was doing the same thing. I don't think it is affecting the overall function of the scope, just maybe decreasing the field of view slightly. I don't know how to quantify what I'm seeing other than to say if the scope had a 100 unit radius, the refraction ring I am seeing would have an inside radius of about 95-97 units. However, for a $1400 scope I would expect to have no visual abberations like this. Maybe I ought to offload it and pick up a PST or something?
Grunt
TG:
And can you believe that guys accuse me of being too cynical and or too critical of companies that charge top end prices for low end quality -- and or service? Never had a problem with the service from Leupold, though. Only their quality.
That said, if the optic serves your purpose, it serves your purpose. About the only thing is that if it really bothers you, it won't stop bothering you which means you will probably get rid of it. And then you are left in an ethical problem. Sell it without telling someone of its problem and let they return it if they actually are as astute about seeing that ring as you are. Or sell it at a huge discount while admitting that ring exists to a buyer.
Either way, next time get a Nightforce. You won't be bothered with that ring busines.
LR55
