04-18-2018, 07:43 AM
Klem....I agree with you completely on the 15 round mags as being a preferred size. I really am not hung up on getting a lot of cartridges in the mags, as I mostly use them for hunting and a lot of rounds is not a necessity for me. My only real concern is the force they use to push the rounds upward in the mag. Given the fact that the feed lips seem to almost dig into the brass combined with the force pushing the rounds up into them make for a very poor performance. I'll probably play around a little polishing the lips of the mags too and see if this combined with a softer spring pressure makes things better.
I shot my first hog with the Grendel the other night and love the round, the only problem I have run into is the quality and performance of the mags. I purchased the ASC's in 5 rd., 10 rd., and 15 rd., initially to play with.
I shot my first hog with the Grendel the other night and love the round, the only problem I have run into is the quality and performance of the mags. I purchased the ASC's in 5 rd., 10 rd., and 15 rd., initially to play with.

