04-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Klem makes excellent points.
The way one responds to challenges defines his credibility.
Taking umbrage when challenged diminishes one’s credibility even though the challenge was either a mistatement or a deliberate ploy to inflame.
NOW, make no mistake, it is the rare person who doesn’t fall into the umbrage trap. I am not one of those, so relax and take more time to think through responses. I have on occasion, and when I still have my wits about me, draft a response, sleep on it, edit again, and only then post. Sometimes the response goes into the trash bin.
Now there are one or two folks who will get a chuckle from this because I am not particularly known for my hesitance to call out BS. I would have been banned long ago had I not learned to take a bit more time when responding.
The way one responds to challenges defines his credibility.
Taking umbrage when challenged diminishes one’s credibility even though the challenge was either a mistatement or a deliberate ploy to inflame.
NOW, make no mistake, it is the rare person who doesn’t fall into the umbrage trap. I am not one of those, so relax and take more time to think through responses. I have on occasion, and when I still have my wits about me, draft a response, sleep on it, edit again, and only then post. Sometimes the response goes into the trash bin.
Now there are one or two folks who will get a chuckle from this because I am not particularly known for my hesitance to call out BS. I would have been banned long ago had I not learned to take a bit more time when responding.
shootersnotes.com
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

