04-16-2018, 05:18 AM
HuntTXhogs Wrote:Blah blah blah
Back to the topic!
I haven’t tried cavity back bullets due to cost AND that they could possibly shear petals during their passage through a medium to large bodied animal.
My personal feelings are that bonded bullets may be slightly more effective at distance versus lead free projectiles in 6.5 Grendel BUT recently my experiences with the 120 grain Fusions left me questioning that as well (I sheared a Fusion bullet on a medium sized boar at 170 yards).
I’m perplexed with the 6.5mm in that the SST continues to be the bullet to beat for consistent game killing performance and I seek alternatives in that price range.
Lead free projectiles are what they are in cost but this thread would be helpful with expansion measurements added going forward.
And pardon my blah blah blah but dang Klem let the mods handle the questioning of persons with possible vendor intent - it is one thing to poke somebody in the eye and when they hit back claim it was “social banter” when you are constantly doing this in many threads.
Now can we move this along ...
We really are not getting a lot of reports of petal separation in game.
Very few actually, not even going thru heavy bone.
We will have more data to share this spring and summer.
Anyone looking for starting load data can always PM me and I will gladly respond.

