Carbine buffer weight experiment
#16
Troutguide Wrote:I lightened my buffer and added a piece of heavy silicone tubing to take up the slack seems to work well so far. I think you will be fine but why not just leave the tiny gap since you need to measure your cut anyway. I have a low mass bcg, jp light carbine spring and a super light buffer(about like you say 1/3 the weight) I had to cut my single weight to adjust. Adjustable gb tuned almost closed then opened just enough to cycle wolf steel consistently. Light with little recoil. Very nice in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'll keep it in mind too!

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread! I'm looking forward to the next range trip and try to find the right combo that works.

I appreciate this forum, lots of knowledge and expertise that's willingly shared, and considerably more laid back than some other forums I hang out at for guns, cars and Harley's.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by Tex Nomex - 04-04-2018, 01:44 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by grayfox - 04-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by 98Z - 04-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by rickt300 - 04-09-2018, 12:18 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by Greyling - 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by 98Z - 04-12-2018, 05:11 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by Greyling - 04-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by 98Z - 04-13-2018, 06:14 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by Lastrites - 04-15-2018, 10:55 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by Troutguide - 04-16-2018, 02:19 AM
Carbine buffer weight experiment - by wideglidejoe - 04-16-2018, 03:19 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)