04-15-2018, 05:33 PM
After manually cycling my bolt back I had 1/8"-1/4" showing. Ejection hasn't been an issue but it does seem to have the correct amount showing. I looked at the bottom of my bcg( which is black) and didn't see any major wear signs. There was a track down the middle that had some of the black finish slightly worn off from naturally pushing the hammer down but it didn't seem to be anything excessive. I did pull out my buffer spring and measured and it was 11 and 3/8" long. Online I found a site claiming carbine springs to be around 10.5 " and rifle to be around 12". (Maybe an odd ball midlength spring?) I swapped it for another that measured 10.5". Also noted that I have an end plate by the castle but with a QD point on it. The top of the end plate seemed to just barely (eyeballed it) stick above the lower. I figured this could cause the charging handle to be dragging across it and did seem 2 scuffs. I filed the end plate down with a dremel and now it does not protrude. I reconfirmed that my gas port and block line up. Odin works puts a notch in the barrel and block that line up and seem to be close to if not right on. I repined the gas block and confirmed the fit of the other end into the bcg. Everything seems to be doing what it's designed to do. It is currently reassembled with the gas block wide open and I am finishing my ladder work up. Hoping for good results this weekend.
Anyone used loctite 620 for their gas block? It's their "retaining" compound version so I was thinking it could create a better deal by the gas port/block. I was also thinking that if it needed extra sealing around it I might need a different gas block because I'm sure overtime loctite will fail and I'll be back to square one.
Anyone used loctite 620 for their gas block? It's their "retaining" compound version so I was thinking it could create a better deal by the gas port/block. I was also thinking that if it needed extra sealing around it I might need a different gas block because I'm sure overtime loctite will fail and I'll be back to square one.

