04-10-2018, 04:05 AM
This saturday, I shot the two loads for ED/SD test.
Temperature were -1 degree celcius.
Powder is Vithavouri N133
Bullet is Lapua Scenar 123grs.
5 shots were made for sight in with a low charge.
Then the 24,9grs were shot, a minimum of 1 minute between each shot.
Average: 702 m/s (2303 fsp)
SD: 2
ES: 8
This seems like a good load. Will continue to test this on target and see how it looks.
The other load 25,9grs was then shot.
Average: 727 m/s (2385 fps)
SD: 4
ES: 13
Not as good as the lower charge, but still OK I think.
But the speed is what is bugging me.
I thought that I could get more speed out of this cartridge with a bolt action. I think that I have got stuck in a thought that I could get about 800 m/s with this, but this seems not likely with this powder.
I have read about the AR15 that have 2650-2700 fsp without pressure signs and also read that a bolt action can go even higher than a AR15.
I´m not really sure WHY I need more speed if i find a load that shoots well in 2300 fps. Have no direct plans to shoot on target >1000 yards anyway
Temperature were -1 degree celcius.
Powder is Vithavouri N133
Bullet is Lapua Scenar 123grs.
5 shots were made for sight in with a low charge.
Then the 24,9grs were shot, a minimum of 1 minute between each shot.
Average: 702 m/s (2303 fsp)
SD: 2
ES: 8
This seems like a good load. Will continue to test this on target and see how it looks.
The other load 25,9grs was then shot.
Average: 727 m/s (2385 fps)
SD: 4
ES: 13
Not as good as the lower charge, but still OK I think.
But the speed is what is bugging me.
I thought that I could get more speed out of this cartridge with a bolt action. I think that I have got stuck in a thought that I could get about 800 m/s with this, but this seems not likely with this powder.
I have read about the AR15 that have 2650-2700 fsp without pressure signs and also read that a bolt action can go even higher than a AR15.
I´m not really sure WHY I need more speed if i find a load that shoots well in 2300 fps. Have no direct plans to shoot on target >1000 yards anyway

