04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
montana Wrote:I have known many people in law enforcement and they are just like any other section of society with good and bad players.Yeah, I know. Most of my friends were cops. One of them told me of a traffic stop he once made solely because the driver was a black male, and the passenger a white female.
montana Wrote:If a law enforcement person tells you to stand on your head and whistle Dixie, you do your best to stand on your head and whistle Dixie. Never argue, resist, or show a defiant, aggressive attitude towards them. Always let your council file your grievance. Make sure you comply with their orders and always keep your hands where they can see them. Always ask for permission before you reach for your wallet, cell phone, etc. Don't bet your life they will know or understand what your true intentions are.Completely agree. I think those realities should probably be taught in school. I didn't come to understand them until after many conversations with friends in law enforcement.
If not for lessons learned from them, there's a good chance I would've been shot by cops at some point in my life, as I had a tendency to get stopped for "suspicious" behavior.
