04-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Hello everyone, thanks for letting me join the Grendel group. I am in the process of my first Grendel build. I have an Aero Precision upper and lower with a Ballistic Advantage 20 inch rifle length precision barrel. I plan on running the low profile ODIN works adjustable gas block as part of the setup. I would prefer not to but, I am afraid that if I'm having any cycling issues this may give me some additional adjustments.
The gun is primarily for paper and being setup to go 600 yards. I'm going to use box Hornady 123 gr ammo for right now but eventually planning on hand loading in the future.
Question #1
Looking at the Luth-AR MBA-3 adjustable stock for this build. Im hoping to get the rifle gas system to work with the adjustable stock buffer tube. Anything different for this stock other than a mil spec M4 buffer tube carbine setup? H2 carbine buffer seems to be something that is talked about often to smooth out any issues. Is this in my best interest for this build? If this is a huge issue I'll probably go with the MBA-1 rifle stock but would like the versatility.
Question #2
Do I need to to real have an adjustable gas block of this build? I would like to save some money for optics if at all possible!
Thanks for everyones help and opinion.
Jim
The gun is primarily for paper and being setup to go 600 yards. I'm going to use box Hornady 123 gr ammo for right now but eventually planning on hand loading in the future.
Question #1
Looking at the Luth-AR MBA-3 adjustable stock for this build. Im hoping to get the rifle gas system to work with the adjustable stock buffer tube. Anything different for this stock other than a mil spec M4 buffer tube carbine setup? H2 carbine buffer seems to be something that is talked about often to smooth out any issues. Is this in my best interest for this build? If this is a huge issue I'll probably go with the MBA-1 rifle stock but would like the versatility.
Question #2
Do I need to to real have an adjustable gas block of this build? I would like to save some money for optics if at all possible!
Thanks for everyones help and opinion.
Jim

