04-03-2018, 08:03 PM
I got the time and had a wonderful day to go to the range today and shoot my Grendel's. First off was the BCA 20" that I had to send back because it would not group. I got it back and after shooting it 50 times it is starting to show some promise. First off I have discovered it HATES 123 SST BULLETS. It does not matter factory or handloads it will not shoot them better than about 3 1/2". What it is taking a liking to is 120 Sierra Pro Hunter bullets. With 27.3 and 28.5 grs IMR 8208 it is doing average 1 1/2".
My Oden Works 18" is a whole different story. I think I may have hit the jackpot. It LOVES 120 SIERRA PRO HUNTERS. With 28.5 grs IMR 8208, Hornady case, CCI 450, COAL 2.250 and crimped with a Lee Factory Crimp Die. At 100 yards the first two shots cut each other then I got on the trigger a little bit and called pulled the 3rd shot a touch left. Then proceeded to put the last two into the same hole as shot number two. Total 5 shot group size outside to outside measures .924 - .264= .638 But 4 of them grouped outside to outside .408 - .264 = .144 This loads average velocity is 2532 ES 38.32 SD 14.98 I think that should kill deer well out to 300 yards.
My Oden Works 18" is a whole different story. I think I may have hit the jackpot. It LOVES 120 SIERRA PRO HUNTERS. With 28.5 grs IMR 8208, Hornady case, CCI 450, COAL 2.250 and crimped with a Lee Factory Crimp Die. At 100 yards the first two shots cut each other then I got on the trigger a little bit and called pulled the 3rd shot a touch left. Then proceeded to put the last two into the same hole as shot number two. Total 5 shot group size outside to outside measures .924 - .264= .638 But 4 of them grouped outside to outside .408 - .264 = .144 This loads average velocity is 2532 ES 38.32 SD 14.98 I think that should kill deer well out to 300 yards.

