04-03-2018, 05:43 AM
GjGary, it's the fact, that you would have to repeatedly attempt to contact a company selling parts, to get them to respond to you that makes anyone a grumpy old man. Or at least it does me.
Sneaky one, I am certainly not a metallurgist but my experience with the Faxon Barrel I have, is that I dimpled the barrel with a common HSS bit and it seemed to drill easier than some of the stainless barrels I have. I had expected to have a devil of a time dimpling it but drilled just as I would have any other barrel after SLR told me to do so using their dimpling jig. The nitride processed barrels kind of confuse me with the claims of having super hard surfaces.
Sneaky one, I am certainly not a metallurgist but my experience with the Faxon Barrel I have, is that I dimpled the barrel with a common HSS bit and it seemed to drill easier than some of the stainless barrels I have. I had expected to have a devil of a time dimpling it but drilled just as I would have any other barrel after SLR told me to do so using their dimpling jig. The nitride processed barrels kind of confuse me with the claims of having super hard surfaces.

