04-02-2018, 03:12 PM
I just finished an 18" heavy fluted barrel on a Aero Precision slick side upper. I paid $90 for the barrel from Classic Firearms. The barrel was dimpled for gas block, nitride fluted. and I got the Aero upper from Right to Bear for $60. I bought a 6.5 bolt head on sale from Bear Creek for $20, got the Gas block, tube, extractor, ejector, pins, springs & gas rings and a H2 Buffer & Wolff heavy carbine spring from Midway USA. My total bill at Midway was around $80 I am using my bolt carrier out of the DPMS Oracle that I use for the lower on this gun. Sometime down the road I will buy a complete 7.62x39 bolt carrier group, then maybe round up a 16" M4 contour 7.62 barrel that I can use on the Oracle upper which is a 16" 5.56.
I picked up a knurled tube forearm and barrel nut from Ebay for like $25 shipped. I bought a cool .308 muzzle brake that has "smile & wait for flash" laser etched on it for $20 on Ebay too. I got a Sig Whisky 3 scope 3-9x50 and already had a set of 1" P series scope mounts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11496[/ATTACH]
Functions real good, so far accuracy with Hornady Black is ok but not great. I actually had the gun function and accuracy better with the Wolf steel ammo.
I can't wait to reload for it. My goal is to be able to use the 125gr Nosler Partition pushed to 2500fps for a hunting load. I may try some 127gr Barnes loaded longer than magazine length for first round out hunting load if they are more accurate than the Partitions.
I picked up a knurled tube forearm and barrel nut from Ebay for like $25 shipped. I bought a cool .308 muzzle brake that has "smile & wait for flash" laser etched on it for $20 on Ebay too. I got a Sig Whisky 3 scope 3-9x50 and already had a set of 1" P series scope mounts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11496[/ATTACH]
Functions real good, so far accuracy with Hornady Black is ok but not great. I actually had the gun function and accuracy better with the Wolf steel ammo.
I can't wait to reload for it. My goal is to be able to use the 125gr Nosler Partition pushed to 2500fps for a hunting load. I may try some 127gr Barnes loaded longer than magazine length for first round out hunting load if they are more accurate than the Partitions.

