03-26-2018, 03:30 PM
LR1955 Wrote:Stan: Never did I say the solutions have to be agreed to by the Pro Gun and March for Life crowds.Gene, you said: "Lets see some reasonable solutions."
Most pro-gun folks seem to think that actions like locking up individuals who have been adjudicated mentally defective are "reasonable" solutions.
The March for Life crowd obviously thinks that banning AR's is a "reasonable" solution.
What is considered "reasonable" depends entirely upon how one views the issue.
LR1955 Wrote:You are not providing any solutions but are certainly implying that the AR's are the problem.I never implied that AR's are the problem. I explicitly stated that AR's are part of the problem, a point with which you agreed.
It is undeniable that AR's (and high-cap mags) are what have enabled mass shootings like Las Vegas to be conducted.
LR1955 Wrote:If you think they should be banned, say so. If not, lets see your recommendations.I like military rifles, so I certainly don't want them to be banned. Anyway, at this point in time, with millions of AR's in circulation, I think a ban would only cause more problems than it could conceivably solve.
I have no recommendations to offer, because I can't see any possible solutions likely to be very effective and practical at preventing mass shootings.
