03-17-2018, 07:39 PM
old jeep driver Wrote:I would have sent the PF back to PF and tell them to make it to industry specifications! Don't sound "precision" to me! If they only make their uppers to fit their lowers then so be it but they need to specify that! I have built a lot of uppers and those that went on RRA lowers did so without any problems! Of course I am just a "common man"
OJD
I've seen PF billet receivers that fit so tightly together, you almost didn't need pins.
Billet receivers made for that level of precision fit are a bad match to mount onto forged lowers from the bargain tier.
Rock River machines their takedown lug recess mate-up differently so that their receivers will initially feel really tight.
They will often wear out their fit if you apply dynamic tension when shooting a lot, and get sloppy.
I should have caught that earlier about this not fitting on an RRA lower.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
