12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
rasp65 Wrote:Here is something Bill Alexander said about using Loctite to bed the barrel from the old forum. "It has been found that the harmonics of the Grendel can cause vertical stringing. So to lock this down without LockTite you are talking over 70foot-pounds of torque on the barrel nut. That can be hard on the receivers. As a solution that seems to work quite well was to bed the barrel and gas block in the LockTite 2440 (replaced with 243) and torque to normal specs."
I thought Bill A. was on crack when he first said that, but when I pulled my gas block to install a free float it happened to me just like he said it would. I can personally testify to vertical stringing in my 19.5" upper until I bedded it. At 600 yards it looked like a ladder. Bedded it with blue loctite and it disappeared. After that I listened closely to anything Bill had to say!!!

