03-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Bill3508 Wrote:I'm more pissed that Young won't even reply and isn't even interested in determining if their bolt was the faulty. Given that I worked on my rifle yesterday cleaning up the gouge in the carrier cam pin area and making sure the rest of it was okay. Also smoothed out the bump in the receiver and got the carrier moving freely again. Setup a new bolt and I'm getting good lug contact all around so seems like the barrel lugs are good to go.
Ran a dozen rounds through it checking the brass after each one and everything looks good. Headspace looks good and normal brass growth. Will have to watch to see if the cam pin wears any extra where the carrier was smooth and keep an eye out on the receiver area, but both areas are non critical so hopefully it won't be an issue. Won't ever be using Young's products again as they don't even care enough to reply.
Thanks folks.
I would ring them - This is their number 623-915-3889 (Someone will answer).

