03-09-2018, 06:39 AM
Yes, but the difference is in buffer weight. Rifle length buffer is 5.2oz, standard AR15 Carbine buffer is 3.0oz. Additional AR15 carbine buffers usually run H1 (3.8 ounces), H2 (4.6 ounces) and H3 (5.4 ounces). More weight = softer recoiling system, as long as the cartridge power can support it. Grendel can take some heavy weighted buffers.
VLTOR A5 is way different. It's a hybrid buffer length that uses a longer carbine receiver extension (than AR15 carbine) and longer buffers (than AR15 carbine buffers). You basically gotta know the difference in Carbine receiver extensions between Armalite AR-10 length and AR15 length to get the grasp on the VLTOR A5 system - because it's receiver extension is identical in internal depth to the Armalite AR-10 Carbine receiver extension.
There are 6 different A5 buffer weights, and they go further than AR15 rifle weight of 5.2 and carbine H3 weight of 5.4.
I can go on about this for hours, if you want. The VLTOR A5 system is superior on the 6.5 Grendel, if you're running a collapsible stock setup. I'm running an 18" RLGS BA barrel with this, and the VLTOR H1 buffer (about H2 weight, for an AR15 Carbine buffer). I may go heavier, time will tell. It's nice, though.
I experiment,so I'll keep going up until I reach a point of failure. I wish I had all the A5 buffers (in weight) now, but I don't.
VLTOR A5 is way different. It's a hybrid buffer length that uses a longer carbine receiver extension (than AR15 carbine) and longer buffers (than AR15 carbine buffers). You basically gotta know the difference in Carbine receiver extensions between Armalite AR-10 length and AR15 length to get the grasp on the VLTOR A5 system - because it's receiver extension is identical in internal depth to the Armalite AR-10 Carbine receiver extension.
There are 6 different A5 buffer weights, and they go further than AR15 rifle weight of 5.2 and carbine H3 weight of 5.4.
I can go on about this for hours, if you want. The VLTOR A5 system is superior on the 6.5 Grendel, if you're running a collapsible stock setup. I'm running an 18" RLGS BA barrel with this, and the VLTOR H1 buffer (about H2 weight, for an AR15 Carbine buffer). I may go heavier, time will tell. It's nice, though.
I experiment,so I'll keep going up until I reach a point of failure. I wish I had all the A5 buffers (in weight) now, but I don't.

