03-04-2018, 08:47 PM
VASCAR2 Wrote:Just curious what barrel did Performance Firearms install in your upper. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, has a way of souring a guy real fast.
Not actually sure who's barrel he used. But I'm happy with the outcome, except for the gas issue. I've mildly considered switching to a piston system. But I'll see what the outcome of the new gas block is. Once I cut the impulse to the bold carrier I can start working up loads again.
I know some folks want to find "the load" that we can all start with, but in reality the harmonics of each rifle is very different than the others. And it's all about balancing the shock wave of the explosion in the chamber.
One of the reasons I was thinking of a new Bartlein barrel with a heavier contour that I think it will work better with the can. I have an M24 and it's a really stout barrel. At some point I'll have it treaded.
- Bryan

