I think one factor driving the cost of cup & core bullets is the closure of the last lead smeltering plant in the US a few years ago. The only virgin lead in the US has to be imported otherwise the lead comes from recycled products. The cost of new lead acid auto batteries has doubled in my area.
We can thank the EPA for the closure of the last smeltering plant in Missouri a few years ago. I know of three closed factories in my area which produced lead products which has garnered a lot of Federal Super Fund money for cleanup. I can’t help but wonder if this is the result of government corporate pay off scheme reminiscent of the refrigerents in AC units destroying the ozone.
We can thank the EPA for the closure of the last smeltering plant in Missouri a few years ago. I know of three closed factories in my area which produced lead products which has garnered a lot of Federal Super Fund money for cleanup. I can’t help but wonder if this is the result of government corporate pay off scheme reminiscent of the refrigerents in AC units destroying the ozone.

