02-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Update: I realigned my gas block, grabbed carbine through h2 buffers, and headed to the range this weekend. There was a big improvement with the Wolf steel cased ammo from the first shot, as the bolt fully locked back probably 12 consecutive times (using 2 elander 24 rd mags and one 17 rdr).
Quite happy, I proceeded to plink some steel, only to find that the bolt began to fail to lock back intermittently. I tried all 3 buffer weights without any noticeable improvement -- it just seemed like no matter what every other time the bolt would not lock back on an empty mag, with no pattern as to which mag I was using. It's hard to say with the sample size I have, but if anything the H2 buffer made it worse and perhaps the H was perhaps slightly better than the carbine.
Other than the locking back issue, wolf fed flawlessly. Hornady Black was again 100%. So, on to the next steps: swapping in a free flowing non-adjustable gas block and checking the gas key for leaks.
Quite happy, I proceeded to plink some steel, only to find that the bolt began to fail to lock back intermittently. I tried all 3 buffer weights without any noticeable improvement -- it just seemed like no matter what every other time the bolt would not lock back on an empty mag, with no pattern as to which mag I was using. It's hard to say with the sample size I have, but if anything the H2 buffer made it worse and perhaps the H was perhaps slightly better than the carbine.
Other than the locking back issue, wolf fed flawlessly. Hornady Black was again 100%. So, on to the next steps: swapping in a free flowing non-adjustable gas block and checking the gas key for leaks.

