02-03-2018, 04:46 PM
bj139 Wrote:Interesting what you learn when you take a wider view of the world.
I have found that eating too many "heart healthy" whole grain carbs makes me jittery and my shooting accuracy suffers.
I have lost 60 lbs in the last 3 years by eating low carb/ high fat. Yes, a lot of fat. You have to get your calories somewhere.
Many health benefits followed. Many mainstream "facts" are not correct.
I have been doing 3 pullups a day for a few years as my weight dropped. I feel healthier at 60 than I did at 40.
+1000!
To sum it up in one word: Paleo. Look it up. A good place to start is by reading some info by a guy named Mark Sisson. High fat (of the right kind), low carbs, and moderate amounts of protein; I've been living this way for several years and I feel great at 58. It took about three days for my body to adjust to it after a lifetime of the SAD (standard American diet), but it was well worth the hassle.

