02-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Thanks. I had considered a heavier buffer, only in terms of allowing more time for pressure to die down in the chamber to aid in extraction. I had H1 and H2 buffers with me at the range too, but dismissed the idea because I figured the steel Wolf cases didn't need the additional time to rebound and the Hornady ones extracted just fine. I hadn't thought about the heavier buffers allowing more time for pressure to build between the bolt and BCG but it seems obvious now.
I'll give the heavier BCGs a try with the adjustable gas block in its current alignment and full open. If that doesn't work I'll try a non adjustable block. And if none of that works I don't know what I'll do because I really want to run Wolf in this thing, but really don't want to ream the gas port because although I have the equipment for it I worry (perhaps unnecessarily) about removing the protective nitrided layer of steel inside the port.
Anyway, I'll report back once I figure this out.
I'll give the heavier BCGs a try with the adjustable gas block in its current alignment and full open. If that doesn't work I'll try a non adjustable block. And if none of that works I don't know what I'll do because I really want to run Wolf in this thing, but really don't want to ream the gas port because although I have the equipment for it I worry (perhaps unnecessarily) about removing the protective nitrided layer of steel inside the port.
Anyway, I'll report back once I figure this out.

