Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
first AR10 build parts list advice s'il vous plaît
#17
Best deal right now is the LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit Large Frame.

You get a build that was all made under the same roof to actually work together, instead of trying to navigate the minefield of mixing and matching parts that wee never meant to work together.

Choose your barrel length, handguard length, and the 6.5mm and .260 Rem options come with ELGS, plus you get the Tranquillo suppressor option for $399.

[Image: 12c297c30e2d566c904331c0d60e226e.jpg]

I've been through 5 different large frame ARs myself, never shoot them anymore. I kept my GA Precision .260 Remington, but I haven't shot it in probably 3 years now. It's a laser, but brass life is very low, I have to trim cases every firing, and I've struggled with cratered and pierced primers when going up to loads that provide the advantages of the case capacity.

My favorite load is the 130gr Berger over H4350 for flat trajectory and minimal wind drift, which I've used for competition. H4350 is another reason why I don't shoot much anymore, as it has been hard to get for years.

6.5 CM is the way to go due to the vast ammo availability if you're looking at wanting to be able to shoot affordably. Hornady American Gunner prices are such that you can shoot Creedmoor all day now.

One of the main reasons I don't shoot the large frame much anymore is that the receivers feel like I'm carrying a brick, so balance is off compared to an AR15. Muzzle blast and recoil are very similar to .308, so tracking my shot and follow-through are still a bit difficult. It's not as bad with 123gr and 130gr, but 140-147gr are very similar to shooting 147gr 7.62 NATO.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
first AR10 build parts list advice s'il vous plaît - by LRRPF52 - 01-16-2018, 04:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)