Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
More parts to try out
#18
I have an MBT to throw in my 458 and will probably use one in my carbine. They are not bad for the price. I tried the MBT in my Grendel and my Creedmoor, wasn't a fit for me in either. I'm not going to even bother trying in my 6mm build. I'll stick with a Triggertech in it unless I come across an AR Gold first. The MBT fits a spot for me, just not in my precision rigs. I wouldn't toss an AR Gold or Triggertech in my carbine or 458 since for me something else fits their role better.

Geissele aren't bad either. I preferred the SSA-E to the SD-E. I haven't tried a HSNM but would like to. That's why they made my second favorite ranking, until I tried the Triggertech and the list shifted.

Leveling prices across the board buy Geissele makes me wonder. Nothing is free, so you have an SSA and an SSA-E... a bit lighter pull? Spring? Polishing? One is an item, the other work but that means more went into one than the other. If there wasn't and that there wasn't then most (including myself) over paid for the "E" models when the SSA or SD (if there is one, I know there isn't) are the same triggers. Those that paid for the SSA before the hike should be happy, they got a deal. But if they are the same trigger, could the price have been brought down to what the SSA was? I know I'll catch hell for those comments. They aren't a bitch or complaint, just a bit of wonder.

I have my other XLR stock arriving today. The Grendel will end up with it. I'll use a standard carbine spring with it till I get a silent captured spring for it when I do my bigger parts order. The PRS I had for the new AR10 sold, now to sell off the AR15 or it ends up in the parts box. By the time I'm done I'll probably be able to put together a pretty nice build, hell maybe two hahaha...

Just sitting and waiting on my yearly bonus. So the next bit of research will be on another scope. Unfortunately, with something like that I can't buy 5, try them and find the one I like best. I know I like the two I already have so maybe I'll just look at the higher power. Then I need an optic for that 458. Thinking Aimpoint, don't know if i want to throw an ACOG on it. Might try the one I have on my carbine and see how I like it on the 458....
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped onesÂ… which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-05-2018, 08:35 PM
More parts to try out - by js8588 - 01-06-2018, 12:01 AM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 12:47 AM
More parts to try out - by js8588 - 01-06-2018, 02:01 AM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 02:26 AM
More parts to try out - by js8588 - 01-06-2018, 02:40 AM
More parts to try out - by js8588 - 01-06-2018, 03:25 AM
More parts to try out - by Sticks - 01-06-2018, 11:46 AM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 12:58 PM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 08:58 PM
More parts to try out - by blackholegun - 01-06-2018, 10:42 PM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 11:55 PM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-07-2018, 07:06 PM
More parts to try out - by Crusty - 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-08-2018, 03:53 AM
More parts to try out - by js8588 - 01-11-2018, 08:38 AM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-12-2018, 02:24 PM
More parts to try out - by wilecoyote - 01-06-2018, 12:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)