Was gifted a 6.5 Grendel, BCA, 16inch 416R, M4 Profile upper by my wife.
The upper appears to be properly assembled. The bolt is MPI inspected. Staking is evident and touches the screw heads. The nitride finish is really slick but the inside of the bolt carrier is not chromed. The gas key is chromed internally. The firing pin retaining pin was a pain to get back in. New bolt and all
It fits my PSA lower as it should. The feed ramps are not pretty but match the upper "300BO" cuts in the upper.
The FFT is stiff and fits very well. It rings when tapped so I most likely will wrap it with parachord before hunting with it next season. The A2 birdcage is properly clocked.
I do see some red loctite on the visible set screw. The visible screw can be checked without removing the handguard. The other 4 screws are out of view.
The upper was obviously test fired using steel case Wolf even though they don’t condone using it.
The barrel extension is crude but works. I shot 12 rounds or 123 SSTs through it last week just to get on paper at 75 yards. I will be at the range as soon as the snow at my place melts off. I shot it using PMags only loaded with 8rnds and it cycled fine. All brass landed at 3:00.
I posted this on another forum also.
I will post range results when I get out to shoot it. It will be after the holidays.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10687[/ATTACH]
The upper appears to be properly assembled. The bolt is MPI inspected. Staking is evident and touches the screw heads. The nitride finish is really slick but the inside of the bolt carrier is not chromed. The gas key is chromed internally. The firing pin retaining pin was a pain to get back in. New bolt and all
It fits my PSA lower as it should. The feed ramps are not pretty but match the upper "300BO" cuts in the upper.
The FFT is stiff and fits very well. It rings when tapped so I most likely will wrap it with parachord before hunting with it next season. The A2 birdcage is properly clocked.
I do see some red loctite on the visible set screw. The visible screw can be checked without removing the handguard. The other 4 screws are out of view.
The upper was obviously test fired using steel case Wolf even though they don’t condone using it.
The barrel extension is crude but works. I shot 12 rounds or 123 SSTs through it last week just to get on paper at 75 yards. I will be at the range as soon as the snow at my place melts off. I shot it using PMags only loaded with 8rnds and it cycled fine. All brass landed at 3:00.
I posted this on another forum also.
I will post range results when I get out to shoot it. It will be after the holidays.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10687[/ATTACH]
#shareyourspare

