01-03-2018, 03:10 PM
What spare parts do yall carry with you in the field; be it the range, hunting, etc
?
I have a 5.11 2-banger that I carry 4 loaded mags in as well as a tourniquet and quick clot bandage. Since this bag pretty much goes where ever my Grendel goes, I am thinking a small assortment of spare parts might be handy in case of a failure in the field. I have a Grendel pistol that is in the truck when I go hunting as a back-up, but my rifle is still my preferred arm. What I dont want to happen because it has happened before is amass too many spare parts to where a new gun makes itself so I may be looking for just minimal spares here.
Here is what I was thinking:
Bolt, cam, firing pin, firing pin retainer and some assortment of a LPK. Not sure if I need a complete LPK to carry around or not. Not sure how often take down pins fail, safety selectors, etc I figure the main components from the LPK would be trigger springs, Hammer (maybe the trigger?), maybe a bolt catch but the gun will still operate without it?
What do yall say or do? Just remember I am wanting to keep this somewhat minimal with the purpose of just field repairs to get back running. The AR15 platform has already cost me so much and if I keep getting too many spare parts in inventory then new rifles will populate themselves.
I have a 5.11 2-banger that I carry 4 loaded mags in as well as a tourniquet and quick clot bandage. Since this bag pretty much goes where ever my Grendel goes, I am thinking a small assortment of spare parts might be handy in case of a failure in the field. I have a Grendel pistol that is in the truck when I go hunting as a back-up, but my rifle is still my preferred arm. What I dont want to happen because it has happened before is amass too many spare parts to where a new gun makes itself so I may be looking for just minimal spares here.
Here is what I was thinking:
Bolt, cam, firing pin, firing pin retainer and some assortment of a LPK. Not sure if I need a complete LPK to carry around or not. Not sure how often take down pins fail, safety selectors, etc I figure the main components from the LPK would be trigger springs, Hammer (maybe the trigger?), maybe a bolt catch but the gun will still operate without it?
What do yall say or do? Just remember I am wanting to keep this somewhat minimal with the purpose of just field repairs to get back running. The AR15 platform has already cost me so much and if I keep getting too many spare parts in inventory then new rifles will populate themselves.

