Gringoloco Wrote:Thanks for the responses. The known distance range I typically go to goes out to 300 yards with the ability to put paper up at 100 and 200 yards and metal plates at 300. The current ammo I am going to try out on this build first is Hornady Black 123 grain ELD match and Custom 123 grain SST. Looks like 100 yard zero seems to be a pretty common start point so I'll go from there (the scope is a Vortex Diamondback tactical 3 x 9). I suppose if the next thing to look at will be a 20 MOA mount if I'm looking at 500 yards or greater then (currently I'll stick with 300, but since I live in the desert its pretty easy to go further).I’d recommend getting on the Vortex website and messing with their long range ballistics calculator (look for the LRBC in the the shape of a bullet). I did that for my Vortex 2-7 with BDC reticle. The scope manual shows the MOA values for each hash mark below the crosshairs. Based upon my playing around, I’m going to sight in at 200 yards, with my hashmarks looking like they will come in at 250, 335, and 415 yards respectively, using Hornady SST ammo. Then I’ll test out my calculations and see how I did.
UPDATE: here’s the link http://apps.vortexoptics.com/lrbc
-Zac
Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.
Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

