12-31-2017, 04:52 AM
You should start with the gas completely off and slowly open it. Once you get to where it reliably cycles, go one click further. If your running multiple loads, pretty much go to where the weakest load reliably cycles.
I did load development with 140s in my 6.5 Smore with the gas off so I could isolate timing issues that could be mistaken as pressure signs. I think I lost 15-20 fps when I turned the gas on to where it needs to be, but it had little effect on SDs and being the Proof CF barrel, the load still shoots far better than me.
I did load development with 140s in my 6.5 Smore with the gas off so I could isolate timing issues that could be mistaken as pressure signs. I think I lost 15-20 fps when I turned the gas on to where it needs to be, but it had little effect on SDs and being the Proof CF barrel, the load still shoots far better than me.
Let's go Brandon!

