Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ejector the same?
#10
Look this explanation over:
When I measured my "sample" dedicated Grendel bolt (from the monster buy I just received), as BFT states, it comes out 2.810" and it uses, then a pin of length 3.279 (this would be the standard AR15 pin length then +/- 0.001?) and has a bolt face depth of 0.135" as-measured. So BFT's explanation lines up with this I believe, +/- 0.001.

The Toolcraft bolt ("Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel Bolt Carrier Group," sku TC65GBCGBN), however I found to be shorter, at 2.799", (so this looks to be a Mil-std AR15 length bolt within 0.001?). And the Toolcraft pin I found to also be shorter, 3.267".
Bottom line I was trying to say, is if you get a Toolcraft-like bolt for Grendel then make sure you're using a Toolcraft-length pin.

Sorry for all the confusion, I hope this corrects the record and straightens it up.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Ejector the same? - by Markusej - 12-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Ejector the same? - by worthen86ford - 12-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Ejector the same? - by Crusty - 12-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Ejector the same? - by Redraider - 12-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Ejector the same? - by BluntForceTrauma - 12-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Ejector the same? - by Kswhitetails - 12-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Ejector the same? - by grayfox - 12-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Ejector the same? - by BluntForceTrauma - 12-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Ejector the same? - by grayfox - 12-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Ejector the same? - by grayfox - 12-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Ejector the same? - by Crusty - 12-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Ejector the same? - by worthen86ford - 12-30-2017, 04:22 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)