Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need feedback Larue Ultimate Upper Kit
#4
I am lucky that my family spends so much on xmas. Though it is not as much as it used to be. Being 44 I can really do wihtout my father getting me a gift. I did talk him into halving what he used to spend with him retiring as well. Down from 3k to 1500. Very generous, he believed that he should share his success with the family on the holidays instead of throughout the year. It is nice to be able to get some of those things I cannot do or takes a long time to save up. Anyways, I did ask for the Creedmore Upper from my Father. In the configuration I asked for it was right over $1500. I did talk to him and the wife to coencide for the wife I asked for the lower. I did let them know that I would also be puttin in for the supressor for it. I would pay that part when they ordered. I figured it would be a great fit for this build especially having less of an issue with backpressure than my AAC SDN6 or Liberty Mystic X. I wish that it would have been done for the other upper but I know they didnt to not upset others who ordered the whole rifle. I did see in the other thread that some where having some issues with the parts kit. Either getting the wrong parts or parts not fitting correctly, having over gassing issues and accuracy issues. Where as the built rifle no issues. IMHO after building many an ARs out of top tier compenents, having quite a few milspec type AR15s, a few Noveskes (my favorite still) and a Larue OBR. I will say that the quality of the manufacturing, the quality of the parts being top tier, Marks dedication for accuracy and a view of all parts are the sum of the whole, now being all in-house with a better oversight for QC, along with being one of the top tier builders of accurate ar15s, missed the 1911s back when I was poor and couldnt buy one. Anyways I do believe that this is the deal of the century on a quality AR15 myself. Anything remotely close jsut for an upper would be easily over $1300 and you are not even talking about all the extras including everything else to build an ar except the lower. But a complete quality rifle let alone a Larue, well thought out parts, that is anodized then cerakoted, what one could summize - although a single induviduals perception of - is that from a person who has more experience on every aspect of an ar15 to be able to put together their ultimate leave very little that I would change myself. Especially after plating with my OBR. All of this for under a $1k when easily you are looking between $2k-$2500 from the competition including larue. I would have gone this route if I had know that the upper I was building would be ove $600 using parts I already had too and hitting every sale GB Black Friday, thanksgiving blems etc to keep costs down. Not what I would call an ultimate build for me. My only main Qualm these days is weight, after playing with some 2A Arms sub 5 pounders it is hard to go back. WIth this one I woudl most likely only change the safety and charging handle. I do wish it had MLock but the keymod is an excellent system. I think they both will be around for a long time. I like the mlock cause I think it looks better.

My ultimate build would dwarf this build in price by at least being 300% more all the while even with all space age metals like magnesium, lithium and titanium and proof carbon fibers barrels. I would be rad pressed with putting my own parts together to match the fit and finish of Larue. This is one area I do hope larue can focus on is making a LW purpose drive build taking it down to around 5 pounds sans the optics in this platform. Until then unless you have tons of money to through at it. This is gonna be the best bang for the buck on paper. Can’t even get a complete similar BCM or Colt for that price. Which while good fighting rifles are not imho in the same class as Larue. I think that the class would be the likes of Noveske, era3, and a few others. Which even so the competition again is stout from my own personal knowlede easily over 3k in my rigged Noveske’s Rifles. I also hope Mark looks at making his own safety type solution similar to the BAD ambi out there, adding things like more abi controls for magazine and bolt release, a large bolt release, and a charging handle along the lines of the raptor or geissele. Another that I see in the near future moving to full rifle production is geissele btw. I am hopping I have figured out my wife. I am beyond excited and hope that there is something under the tree Christmas morning the size of the ar15buildbox. I will be a happy man. I wanted to try to get some practical experience with it beforehand to know if there was anything to prepare for. In my point in collecting and adding to my collection I am really starting to focus and open up the world in what I would call investment quality and heirloom quality firearms beyond the fun stuff and bang around guns. I like the idea of being able to have items that not only you can use but gain in value as well asable to be something that could be a generational firearm. Although being retired I do have some disposable income after all said and done sometimes up to $1000 a month when I get all my bills straight and not f them up due to my TBI and being frugal with things like groceries and going out. Even when not at least $500 and that leeway being able to save it up to a year on my goal is well worth it. If not only I get pleasure but it retains and grows in value. Kinda the same reason I went with a RESCO watch over a Rolex. Although I love Rolex, I think the time is gone wher eyou could get in and it have value. They are ridiculously priced, as well as insanely expensive to service and something that I would be very hard on where as I would loose some value. Where as the RESCO still being a quality Swiss component watch, is exremely reasonable under $2k for a Swiss Quartz movement (because fo durability, longetivity, and other reason went this route over auto) it is a watch that will retain it value and I think grow in value. While being able to not worry about wearing it on a nato strap while wrenching on the truck, out hunting, scuba, or any of the non highspeed stuff I do these days. But still very hard on things and the type to hard use a $1500 Mick Strider Custom Folding SMF Knife among others cause I see the use, beauty and value in them. I hope to see more responses with practical experience. If it is what I think it will be. I dont know why they are not being over run with orders for this. I cannot Phathom how they made it happen. But kudos Mark and crew.
———

In the Army “Doc” is earned not given. Though privates and specialists do get a kick out of calling a senior NCO “Doc” and not Sergeant. But a quick correction and putting them at parade rest always reminds them of that folly!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Need feedback Larue Ultimate Upper Kit - by AppalachianGunSlinger - 12-17-2017, 06:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)