Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel upper or rifle
#1
I have a couple of 5.56 rifles I hunt with, and want to get something else. All of my shots on WT deer are under 200 yards, but I walk quite a bit. I hunt now with a LW 5.56 with a 16 inch barrel that weights about 7.5 pounds with scope and mount. So the rifle is just at 6 pounds. I can get a Noveske 6.8 upper that weights 4 pounds in their Rogue Hunter upper, but really have not seen anything like this in the Grendel. The 6.8 seems to be more popular, but I reload and a 120 grain bullet in 6.5 has more sectional density and a better BC. So for a light weight grendel where does one look? Is a 16 inch barrel worth fooling with or is a minimal length 18 inches. I am also looking at the 300 Blackout but again, low SD bullets and not so hot BC.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel upper or rifle - by jimmyp - 12-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by leopard6.5 - 12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by Whelenon - 12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by Drifter - 12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by jwilson1985 - 12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by patdaly - 12-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Grendel upper or rifle - by Whelenon - 12-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Grendel upper or rifle - by jimmyp - 01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by stokesrj - 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by BjornF16 - 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Grendel upper or rifle - by stokesrj - 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)