12-11-2017, 04:10 AM
wilecoyote Wrote:Finally!
I got a range trip to try the Triggertech. I'm actually liking this trigger. It's operation is very similar to my AR Gold. Almost no weight to a short take up. The wall is encountered, and then the break is nice and crisp. Reset distance is also short and positive. Butter smooth with no grit even on a very slow release of pressure.
I want to get more time with it, but after this first outting this will probably be my standard for my precision rifles. Not planning to finish my 6mm Creedmoor until the beginning of February, so I have some time to do a few more trips and sell off the LaRue rail I won't be using in another build.
For those that don't like the very light feel of the first stage of an AR Gold, you may not care for this offering either. Seems to be working for me right now.
I just installed a TriggerTech trigger and have the same impressions. I'm going from a Velocity trigger, a few things I like better:
1. The first stage take-up. Originally, was sure I didn't want a two stage...my mistake
2. Break seems more crisp
3. Reset seems a little shorter
4. Wider trigger...felt easier to control
And, overall, seems to have a smoother feel.
This is on my 300 Blackout...haven't built my 6.5 Grendel upper yet.

