12-06-2017, 04:33 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 04:49 PM by ItsRainingLead.)
I have a Franklin BFS3 trigger I've tried in a few lowers. I've tried the following calibers. I've found that the recoil impulse is different enough that it makes getting second rounds on target, for some calibers, difficult.
223/556 w/ brake - easy, rapid fire from a bipod shreds at 50ish yards - I put my support hand on top of the barrel to keep it from jumping too much. Standing double taps pretty easy.
7.62x39 w/ brake - moderate to difficult, rapid fire from a bipod results in fair accuracy. Hand on top of handguard improves results. Standing double taps almost impossible for me with any accuracy
Grendel w/o brake - easy to moderate, rapid fire from a bipod is not as bad as the 7.62x39 but can still get jumpy. Hand on top of handguard improves results. Standing double taps somewhat reliable for me.
I like the BFS3 trigger, it is a LOT of fun. But, at the end of the day, it's a novelty. I've resigned it to the lower that drives my 7.62x39, even though it is the most difficult to use with it - primarily because I run a lot of cheap steel case through it and it's a cheap setup that I don't care about abusing. You can get behind it on a bipod and still have fun. I've found I prefer quality single stage triggers with 'no' reset, those produce more accurate double taps, for me. If the semi-automatic mode of the trigger had better feel - to me - I'd like it better.
223/556 w/ brake - easy, rapid fire from a bipod shreds at 50ish yards - I put my support hand on top of the barrel to keep it from jumping too much. Standing double taps pretty easy.
7.62x39 w/ brake - moderate to difficult, rapid fire from a bipod results in fair accuracy. Hand on top of handguard improves results. Standing double taps almost impossible for me with any accuracy
Grendel w/o brake - easy to moderate, rapid fire from a bipod is not as bad as the 7.62x39 but can still get jumpy. Hand on top of handguard improves results. Standing double taps somewhat reliable for me.
I like the BFS3 trigger, it is a LOT of fun. But, at the end of the day, it's a novelty. I've resigned it to the lower that drives my 7.62x39, even though it is the most difficult to use with it - primarily because I run a lot of cheap steel case through it and it's a cheap setup that I don't care about abusing. You can get behind it on a bipod and still have fun. I've found I prefer quality single stage triggers with 'no' reset, those produce more accurate double taps, for me. If the semi-automatic mode of the trigger had better feel - to me - I'd like it better.

