Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CMMG 6.5 grendel
#10
As far as the twenty four round mags I like the E-Lander mags a little better than my ASC and original C Products 6.5 Grendel mags. I haven’t tried any of the C Products Defense 6.5 Grendel mags but they generally get good reviews.

I’ve had one faulty ASC mag that failed to feed reliably but once I tweaked the feed lips it has since functioned. Unfortunately all the 6.5 Grendel mags will get a problematic mag slip through. Most times cleaning and adjusting the feed lips solves most problems. There have been reports of bad welds on a few mags. I’ve found that loading new mags and letting them set loaded helps the mags wear in.

Many times mags are blamed for malfunction where part of the problems are related to the gas system or tight fitting components. On new builds/rifles it’s a good idea to clean the bore/chamber and liberally lube the BCG as they can be pretty snug.

I think it’s wise to buy mags from a reputable vendor so if you do encounter a faulty mag the vendor will replace or refund your purchase.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by SPQR 70AD - 12-01-2017, 05:06 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-01-2017, 05:36 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by SPQR 70AD - 12-01-2017, 06:37 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by VASCAR2 - 12-01-2017, 10:05 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by hill37 - 12-02-2017, 02:57 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-02-2017, 03:49 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by SPQR 70AD - 12-02-2017, 06:20 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-02-2017, 09:28 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by SPQR 70AD - 12-03-2017, 10:18 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by VASCAR2 - 12-04-2017, 01:16 AM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-04-2017, 09:43 PM
CMMG 6.5 grendel - by tpk - 12-05-2017, 11:46 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)