11-26-2017, 04:08 AM
Klem,
Permanently 1st CivDiv now. Health issue preclude 3 gun competition. High end metal back-ups with a better sight picture than the MagPuls if I was carrying a weapon but the MagPuls are sturdy enough, weigh little, and allow hits out to at least 300 yards COM or chest area of deer/hog.
I choose my retirement place reduce the chances of needing a weapon but similar to your lightning analogy I reduce, but don’t eliminate, the possibility. The chances are less than 0.1% but I still practice.
As for hunting I shoot my deer and some hogs with friends but cost of failure is at most embarrassment and a round or two.
TPJS,
For a front sight I agree that a HK style post in a circle is both faster and more accurate than the U.S. style wings. My point is that on a cost to utility for those outside of three gun the Magpul came out on top.
S/F, FOG
Permanently 1st CivDiv now. Health issue preclude 3 gun competition. High end metal back-ups with a better sight picture than the MagPuls if I was carrying a weapon but the MagPuls are sturdy enough, weigh little, and allow hits out to at least 300 yards COM or chest area of deer/hog.
I choose my retirement place reduce the chances of needing a weapon but similar to your lightning analogy I reduce, but don’t eliminate, the possibility. The chances are less than 0.1% but I still practice.
As for hunting I shoot my deer and some hogs with friends but cost of failure is at most embarrassment and a round or two.
TPJS,
For a front sight I agree that a HK style post in a circle is both faster and more accurate than the U.S. style wings. My point is that on a cost to utility for those outside of three gun the Magpul came out on top.
S/F, FOG

