11-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Not trying to be controversial or start a flame war or cartridge contest, especially as a new guy to the forum. So with all due respect I ask what value is there in a short-barreled Grendel? The wasted powder and lost velocity would seem to me to negate the benefits of the cartridge design. Don’t get me wrong, to each his own, and I’m not calling your wrong for buying one, but I’ve been of the mindset of use the best tool for the purpose, so if I needed an SBR then I’d consider a 300 Blackout or something in a pistol cartridge, or move to a 16” gun and train to make it work. I just don’t see the Grendel as the best tool for the job in an SBR build. That said, I do hope you enjoy any rifle you build/buy. I am a firm believer in the right to pursue happiness.
-Zac
Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.
Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

